Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Last.fm


I just thought I’d pass on this nifty website if you haven’t discovered it yet. www.last.fm I don’t listen to a lot of internet radio but recently I find myself going back to this site over and over to find new music. Here’s what I like about it:
  • I can listen to stations created by or for bands/musicians that I like and it plays a lot of other music from similar and sometimes unkown artists while mixing in the occasional well knowns. This is great for me because I’m trying to move away from corporate-driven radio and expand beyond the top 40. Plus, if I want something more intellectual I can just put on the beethoven station and I get nonstop classical classics.
  • I can create my own radio station (like Pandora Radio) by adding artists that I like and then it will simply cycle through them as if they were in my own library.
  • Finaly, it integrates perfectly with my current music player of choice: songbird. Two clicks and I’m listening to my virtual library – not bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment