Monday, March 16, 2009

Mouse Trap


I killed a mouse that has been holed up in our storage room last weekend which brings my Richie vs house rodent score up to 2 & 0. I'm trying to decide if I should feel bad about that. Apart from Jacque and Gus Gus constantly running through my head from the millionth viewing of Cinderella with Alex :), I just listened to a talk by Hugh B. Nibley where he quotes Brigham Young inviting the grasshoppers to come - he says as long as he has sufficient then he is more than happy to share his excess with the beasts of the earth. Am I wacko for thinking that he might be right? Should I be more than happy to share with a mouse? I mean, we want him out of our house because of diseases carried by rodents and what not - but is it a bad thing to kill him?

On a completely different note, if you are looking to catch and kill a mouse in your house then traditional spring loaded traps with a glob of peanut butter do a great job - just about cut the poor mouse's head in half - yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment